Monday, May 4, 2009

ladies and gents...ms. donna smith


well, I thought now would be a swell time to give our friend donna a standing ovation.
see for yourself theoneminutemuse.com
Donna has officially created this mastermind of a website, along with all the intricate components.... not only is it chalk full of uber FUN stuff, its a great source for easy ways to get those creative bits juicin'. you're an inspiration donna!
So, if you have some time, check it out, sign up and help support our fellow creatives. (especially the ones that work really hard at it)

for those of you that don't know donna and all her busybody loveliness, i dug really deep for my inner barbara walters and sent her a little QNA. (don't laugh too hard at my tantalizing questions)

Age: 26
Hometown: Home is where the heart is.
Where do you now live?: Lancaster, PA (for now the travel bug is biting)
Where would you most like to live?: here http://www.simondale.net/house/ or on a house/sailboat
What is your favorite thing to do on your day off from work?: Depends on the day and my energy level. Typically, if I'm feeling creative and motivated I paint, explore other artists online, make videos. If it is a lazy day you will find me curled up in the papazan reading a book or playing video games. When adventure beckons I get moving outside and explore, sometimes I'll bring my hammock along and set up shop in Longs Park.
Who was your first favorite artist?: I grew up admiring Renaissance artists like DaVinci & Michelangelo. I also fell in love with Egon Schiele's work (despite it's egocentric tendencies) Paul Klee, Matisse, O'Keeffe, Kahlo geeze the list goes on and on. I guess if you're asking about my first memorable relationship with art... it started with a tiny desk in my mother' kitchen copying anime and magna figures. I was obsessed with Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2 and practiced drawing them like it was my religion. I then became really interested in interpreting dreams and philosophical texts which fed my illustrative content.
How about your current fav?: Right now I totally dig this illustrator
http://www.miniminiaturemouse.com
and I'm thinking about incorporating white space into my own work in such an interesting way
What's your favorite sense?: Sound. ( I bet you thought it would be sight :) music takes me to places artwork cannot.
What lights your fire?: Deadlines. I'm kidding... sort of. Learning something new lights my fire. If I'm experimenting, playing, learning the fire is blazing.

No comments: