Saturday, May 9, 2009

bellicima, dreams & whats your poison


Okay, here are the topics for june, and yet again….one of the topics has gone missing. I’ve searched high and low…no sign.
I can assure you I’m really not the biggest flake this side of the Susquehanna river. Anyways aside from our 3 (yes three) topics we have a new venture for June art nite.

June 5
7pm
112-114 E. Walnut St. Apt.41
Lancaster PA 17602
(link to exact locale) see I’m helpful.
Parking is in abundance. There is usually plenty on the street either Duke or Walnut (Historic Hamilton Suites is my building and its on that corner) Plus there is the Duke St. garage not too far from the pad.
Please bring: project, food and/or drink if you wish

"the plan"…if you wish to participate; we have a little project to do this time (besides presenting our pieces and having fun as usual), see the sample below. Donna once again has come up with this ingenious idea to make these lil monster’s, and donate them to the under the weather kids at Lancaster General, (who are all ready very excited).
We will also include a small card with the monster's "story" something like "Hello I'm a monster and I am going to help fight off your sickness. Please give me a very special name. Don't mind me if I drool on your pillow from time to time or eat your cookies".... you get the idea.
If we could all help to make monsters on art nite we will have more to go around, which is obviously a great thing. Donna has plenty of supplies, and I’m sure we could all help out with bringing any extra needed tools and scraps we have laying around. And don’t fret if you don’t know how to sew, it would be the perfect opportunity to learn, or you could always help with a different step of the process.
Donna has arranged a time of Monday June 8 at 4pm to make the drop at the hospital.
We have some more incredibly hip ideas that stemmed from this, that we will go over at art nite. I hope you can all make it, to help out!! I’m so excited about it!



Just an couple fyi’s…art nite will still be normal; we just have an extra added beni (benefit) this time. also keep in mind Lancaster First Friday will be taking place, if you wish to attend that as well.


FUN!

andi

1 comment:

donnasmithdesign said...

FYI my new little friends were the art project. From left to right. Belissima, Dreams & poison. Just so no one is expecting another project from me come art nite time ;)